Vietnamobile is a joint venture between Hanoi Telecom and Hong Kong-based Hutchison Telecommunication. It became public in 2007 and the new branding of Vietnamobile debuted in April 2009, after completing a technology conversion from CDMA to GSM. At that time, it became the country’s fourth GSM mobile services provider after MobiFone, Vinaphone and Viettel.
- Vietnamobile started business in 2009 in a highly competitive market where three giant operators held more than 90% of the market share
- Vietnamobile developed from the unsuccessful CDMA HT Mobile. Therefore, customers and media were skeptical about Vietnamobile’s capabilities
Pioneer was appointed as the exclusive PR agency for strategic consultancy for Vietnamobile nationwide. Pioneer has worked closely with Vietnamobile to position the brand as an innovative, customer-centered and value-driven:
- Improve the relationship of VNM with media through Media Days and Thank You Parties during New Year’s
- Project the VM Brand as a dynamic, young, creative and customer-oriented. Position VNM as a constructive new player in Vietnam’s ICT industry by affecting policy change, such as floor pricing
- Provide regular strategic consultancy: not only in terms of media but also integrated marketing communications (events, social media and branding)
- With Beeline’s exit from the market, Vietnamobile looks set to hold place as the 4th biggest operator in Vietnam with over 10 mil subscribers
- The gap between Vietnamobile and its main competitors in consumer and media perception was narrowed
- Helped erase the negative impressions left from the HT Mobile era
- Strengthened the position of Vietnamobile as the best on-net mobile operator with leading nationwide network coverage
- Excellent customer feedback from innovative promotion campaigns
- Creation of customer-first promotions and nationwide giveaways, including cars, motorbikes, and travel packages
Massively successful marketing campaigns, including original commercials, one of which by award-winning film director Patrick Hughes.