Government Relations & Policy Advocacy
We are seeking a full-time or part time Project Manager to drive our regulatory advisory and Government engagement practice in our Hanoi office.
The candidate we are seeking will have expertise in communications, policy research and stakeholder engagement in Vietnam. He or she should have experience in project management and in communicating with senior business executives. He or she must have outstanding research skills and be able to demonstrate written English fluency in policy, political and issue analysis in Vietnam. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in government relations, corporate affairs, or strategic communications and possess a master’s degree in business, economics, international relations, communications, law or related fields.
- Structuring and proposing solutions to client challenges and issues.
- Building networks and relationships with bureaucrats and public officials, the business community, civil society organizations, government institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
- Overseeing the preparation, drafting and finalization of project status reports and other analytical reports as required.
- Leading project work, including research, presentation to clients and ensuring all deliverables are up to the highest quality.
- Working closely with the media relations team to design and execute communication strategies and plans that deliver on clients’ business objectives.
- Working closely with finance team on billing to clients.
- Supporting business development efforts, including the drafting of proposals and participation in pitches.
- Working on special projects / tasks as needed and assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five plus years of experience in government relations, corporate affairs, and/or strategic communications.
- Demonstrable experience engaging and maintaining working relationships with mid to senior level government officials and business executives.
- Working experience and strong familiarity with government stakeholders, coupled with a high-level understanding of the investment and policy climate and media environment in Vietnam.
- The ability to interpret complex current issues, policy and political movements to produce concise and client-ready briefings and reports.
- Engaging interpersonal negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environments and international settings.
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese, both written and oral.
- The ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- The ability to mentor and train junior team members.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Desired start date: immediately.
- Starting salaries are competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
- Applications must clearly state professional qualifications that meet or exceed the required experience and skills listed above.
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) to [email protected].
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants. We shall reach out to you should there be any next step in the recruitment process.
- Further information on Pioneer Marketing & Public Affairs can be found at www.pioneervn.com.