We are seeking a full-time media relations consultant to strengthen our communications and media engagement practice in our Hanoi office. The candidate we are seeking will have expertise in communications and media stakeholder engagement. The ideal candidate would have:
- prior experience in media relations, strategic communications, and a consultant’s mindset.
- outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience in communicating with senior reporters and journalists.
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in business communication, journalism, marketing and media studies, or related fields.
- Working closely with the client service team to structure and propose media solutions to meet clients’ communication needs
- Building, maintaining, and managing media relationships with proactive engagement and interaction
- Playing an active role in developing media recommendations to meet clients’ objectives
- Leading project work, including media research, and presentation to clients and ensuring all deliverables are up to the highest quality. Project deliverables include but are not limited to:
– Media stakeholder and landscape analysis
– Insight-driven strategic PR planning
– Media advisory and consultation
– Key message, narrative and story angle development
– Fulfilling media coverage commitments including executive interviews/features, bylined articles and opinion editorials
– Speaking opportunity identification and facilitation
– Campaign report compilation
– Frequent monitoring of and advisory on industry trends, developments and opportunities
- Advising clients on handling media queries and issues
- Working closely with the client service team to execute communication strategies and plans that deliver on client communication objectives
- Proactively building networks and relationships with reporters and senior editors, media management bodies, and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaising with media booking vendors to prepare quotations
- Working on any other projects/tasks as needed and assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five plus years of experience in media relations, corporate affairs, and/or strategic communications. Strong familiarity with government and media stakeholders, and an in-depth understanding of the media environment in Vietnam.
- Demonstrable experience engaging and maintaining working relationships with media contacts.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to conceptualize complex communication issues to develop big ideas.
- Engaging interpersonal negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environments and international settings.
- Proficiency in English is an advantage
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
- The ability to supervise and train junior team members to ensure comm deliverables meet a high standard
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Starting salaries are competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
- Applications must clearly state professional qualifications that meet or exceed the required experience and skills listed above.
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and writing samples (no more than 3 pages) to [email protected].
- Deadline for application: 16 Oct 2023
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants. We shall reach out to you should there be any next step in the recruitment process.